Harland's Creek Farm Okra Day Wednesday August 19, 2015
Harland’s Creek Farm Okra Day August 19, 2015
Did you know that:
1) George Washington Carver and Henry Ford dreamed of making a biodegradable automobile with plastic made out of soybeans and rugs and mats made out of okra
2) Local artists make paper out of okra
3) There are okra festivals all over the world
4) Okra was used as a substitute for coffee in the South during the US Civil War
5) Okra came to the new world during the slave trade
We want to hear about your experiences with okra.
1) Have you ever been in a parade that honored okra?
2) How do you like to eat okra?
3) Have you ever grown okra, picked okra, cooked okra?
4) Did/does your mother like okra?
5) Do you wear okra on your face at Halloween?
Come by the Harland’s Creek Farm space at the
Durham Farmers' Market on
Wednesday August 19, 2015. 3:30 to 6:30
Talk to us about okra.